|Grey's Anatomy Promo VFX|
|Interview with Bobby Chiu|
|License to dream|
|Focus : Gears Of War 3|
|Dragon Age 2|
|Time travellers Comic|
|Thelma and Louise Remake|
|Interview With Nick Harris|
|Making Art for Ipad|
|Making VFX for Ben Hur Remake|
|Interview : Mike winkelmann|
Click any pictures to enlarge - Hit 'X' or Close to close the view
The idea behind this painting came to me 4-5 months ago when I was looking at broken hardware from my PC. It was always there in my mind, how similar they both were...the hardware with its circuits and the leaves with their veins. I saw a resemblance in terms of shape, look, color and function, but contrasting at the same time as natural and manmade elements. It was then, looking at that piece of hardware that I considered of working on this concept.
I was clear about the thought behind it, but somehow I was not getting it correct on canvas. I spent more than one week working on the image, but was left completely dissatisfied. I finally gave up the painting, but not the concept.
A few months later, I went back to the concept and made rough color sketches, which clicked with me. After spending enough time understanding elements and composition, I started gathering raw materials.
I browsed for references like computer garbage, plugs, pins, keyboards, leaves, plants, forest and creepers. After collecting 30-40 reference images, I sorted through them to find suitable images for my concept. My idea was to use ready-made stuff like a keyboard, cables, plants and leaves. I was not willing to spend time painting them. But as soon as I started placing the various elements, I became frustrated. I wanted every single element placed as I saw them in my head and that was impossible with ready-made elements.
So, I painted a keyboard in a way that I could place it and take it further. Then, I studied the flow of circuits using scrap hardware I found on the road. I designed basic high-resolution circuitry keeping a leaf as reference to follow the shape and flow of veins. The most laborious part was over. Now, I had to be more creative with placement, lighting and rendering.